Travel Through Plates

When a plate of food is put before me, I photograph it immediately. This blog, decodes my favorite dishes. It's a happy blog, as I predominantly show you pictures of the winners, the ones I love,

My Greatest Plates!


Thursday, March 4, 2010

Joel Robuchon's Monaco Fast Food Eaterie

Ever wonder what happens when a three star, chef luminary wants to try his hand to interpret fast food? Go to the MetCafe in the mall under the Metropole Hotel in Monaco and taste the answer.

I started with some Cauliflower soup:



Here I'm at the bar, killer croutons crisp and buttery. The soup probably a veloute was not overpassed or too creamy,  simple but brilliant. Robuchon fans will know first hand about his love of cauliflower.

Then his take on a cheeseburger on a panini, with grilled onions, pickles, tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mayo into melted cheese. I was so impressed with this sandwich I took three closeups so you can see it up close and personal like!


This is the good stuff to eat on the run,  I cut mine into three pieces and still got my finger sticky!

My neighbour had Vitello Tonnato, a veritable artist palate of colours and pastels.

 

I tasted this too it was  sensational, the veal almost salmon pink with a perfect combo of capers lifting the dish to a textbook tang. I'll definitely order it next time!!
Dessert is difficult to pass up as the wares are temptingly on display...... I choose a lime and blueberry cheesecake.


 
Here you can see that the blueberries are more than just a topping but rather run through this delectable morsel and lime zest runs all the way through...

Fast food done beyond the genre!

No comments:

Post a Comment