Travel Through Plates

When a plate of food is put before me, I photograph it immediately. This blog, decodes my favorite dishes. It's a happy blog, as I predominantly show you pictures of the winners, the ones I love,

My Greatest Plates!


Thursday, May 20, 2010

Best PASTA of the year and 15 euro lunch to boot!

Adagio in Monaco wakens a backstreet above where the train station used to be in Monaco. 


1 rue Bioves is home to this new lunch deal! 


Here is waiter Michele nice chap he is too. This light, white and airy space has a kitchen set to one side.




Poking out of the kitchen is head chef Sandra with second Svetlana. The menu changes daily. This was my lunch:


Macaroni with speck and Gorganzola and ricotta ravioli with tomato sauce, this  was remarkable, the smokey pork was savorised by the blue cheese. The ravioli were perfect with a scintilla of acidity that gave the dish oodles of tomato love.


Next wafer thin slices of rare pink roast beef, rosemary/thyme jus, green bean and sauteed potatoes. Are you seeing the slices! We are talking a thin deal here!!! You get your choice of a glass of wine or mineral water too. PS I had dessert as well but I ate it before snapping a picture, this is a worthy address to remember.


Went for dinner and it was less interesting. My guest had Italian steak tartare which managed to mess her stomach. So now you know!


tel. +37797981556


1 rue BIOVES Monaco


ps they have three parking spaces too

No comments:

Post a Comment